PATCH NOTES: RAMADAN UPDATE
Exciting updates during Ramadan!
CHARACTERS & PETS
CHARACTER SYSTEM CHANGES
Get character using Gold, instantly with max skill power. Let’s make your favorite skill combination now!
“Skill is one of the most recognized things in Free Fire and we want to make all players have the experience of using your character’s skills! So please try and combine new skill combinations without worrying!”
Changes to Character and Pet mechanics:
– All characters can be obtained using Gold.
– Character and Pet Skills are acquired instantly at maximum power. Level no longer affects skill attributes.
– Character Bonds: Bonds can only be upgraded by using Characters during play. Get immediate progress based on the player’s initial character level.
– Changing characters will only affect appearance. To change skill combinations quickly, you can change them through your skill presets. You can change character skill in preset.
Changes to the Character System:
– The Characters page now contains a Preset customization section. You can change up to 5 Preset combos here, including character appearance, character skills, pet skills and loadout.
– You can bind Presets to specific to some modes (Battle Royale, Clash Squad, Lone Wolf, etc). The preset will be automatically used for that mode.
– You can copy and paste the preset code (either someone else’s or yours) for the new slot, or you can use the recommended preset.
– You can view the character list by tapping on your character. We also added artistic visuals for the different characters.
-System LINK will no longer be available. Your character LINK will now be sent to you within 10 working days after the patch update, so don’t worry!
Changes to the Pet System:
-Pet System is now part of the Character page. Click on your pet on this page to see a list of pets.
– You can now hide your pet during matches. (Once set, your pet will be hidden automatically during the match; no need to repeat.)
-Changed pet level from 7 to 4 (only levels with rewards remain). Prize totals are not changed and previous level data will be carried forward.
Easier Character Awakening:
– Get mission progress just by using the skills of the character you want to awaken.
-Missions will not refresh per day, so the collected progress will not be lost.
– Less Gold required for mission refresh.
Orion is someone who struggles to find himself in a world that has taken everything he has, including his honor. His journey is that of someone who is broken and searching for his place in this world. His ultimate goal is to fight the past that is haunting him, but he doesn’t know if he can do it. Many things made the creature inside to come out and he didn’t know how to control them.
Crimson Energy makes the user immune to damage for a period of time and absorbs HP from their enemies.
“Orion has the talent Crimson Energy which allows him to issue a power to make him immune from damage for some time and absorb HP from enemies. In close combat, that energy gives Orion an advantage and more opportunities for action.”
EP will be replaced with 300 Crimson Energy. Consume 150 Crimson Energy to activate protection, where you cannot take damage or attack enemies and will absorb 15 HP from all enemies within 5 m. Lasts 3 sec. Cooldown: 3 seconds.
What a blast!
“As the only destroyer, Alvaro will get an increase in his grenade talent. Alvaro “Rageblast” can deal grenade damage to a wider area. If he doesn’t eliminate the enemy, his grenades will seriously affect the enemy team. Let’s witness the incredible explosion festival in Bermuda!”
Art of Demolition
Explosive weapon damage increased 20%, attack range increased 10%
1 second before exploding, the grenade will generate 3 extra grenades, which will deal 30% of the DMG of the original.
Increased durability and removal of HP reduction.
“Xayne was made with the intention of melee attacks, but the reduction in his HP made him difficult for players to use when using skills. We hope that by making Xtreme Encounter easier to use and increasing its durability, you can understand its potential use.”
Xtreme Mode: Gain temporary 50 HP for 8 sec. During this time, the healing effect is increased by 75%. Cooldown: 75 sec.
Added enemy location tagging and reduced movement speed. Added new skill trigger – when player falls.
“We realized that Otho’s skill which is effective after eliminating enemies doesn’t have much application. In this patch, we are adding new scenarios for activating Memory Mist to diversify your battle strategy.”
After taking down an enemy, tag enemies within 28m of the knocked down enemy and slow their movement by 25%. Lasts 4 sec. When dropped, tag and slow down all enemies that are close by.
Increased rate of fire and movement speed after eliminating enemies.
“Before, Dasha’s skill had no obvious use. Dasha’s transformation now has increased movement speed and rate of fire after eliminating enemies. If he reaches a kill streak. skills will get additional again. Let’s see Dasha!”
After eliminating enemies, enter Highlight mode. Rate of fire increased by 18% and movement speed increased by 12% but decreased quickly. Lasts 6 sec. During Highlight mode, taking down an enemy will repeat the countdown and increase rate of fire by 4% and movement speed by 3%.
New sailor! Recovers HP when taking damage.
“To reduce the attitude of deliberately being outside the Safe Zone, we change the skills that support this attitude. In this patch, we changed Ford’s ability to take zone damage but gave his skill a useful effect in various scenarios.”
When taken damage, recovers 10 HP/s for 35. Cooldown: 20sec. Ford’s skill will reset after using an active skill.
CHARACTER BALANCE CHANGES
The result of training from a swordsman.
“Kenta’s changes in the previous patch brought about an increased win rate but it’s still not suitable for a swordsman. Let’s witness Kenta’s achievement to become the #1 swordsman in this patch!”
Forms a shield 5m wide which reduces 50 → 60% damage of weapons coming from the front. When shooting, the damage reduction is reduced by 10 → 20%. Lasts 5 sec. Cooldown: 70sec.
Less HP recovery.
“We realize that Alok is a very popular character but his skills provide too many advantages in many scenarios. In this version, we’re nerfing HP recovery to give Drop the Beat clearer skill directions.”
Drop the Beat
Generates 5m aura which can increase running speed by 15% and give 5 →3 HP for 10 seconds. Effects don’t stack. Cooldown: 50→ 45 sec.
“In the world of Free Fire, Kelly is getting tired from traveling long distances in the Battle Royale mode. She decided to introduce a new mission system. Kelly will start a certain event after completing the mission!”
– In-Match Missions will appear during matches. Players will start the event after completing the mission. All missions and events are random.
– Some matches will have a hidden mission, and the corresponding mission will start automatically after the mission is completed.
-Eliminate a certain number of enemies within the specified range.
– Using a number of FF Coins at the Vending Machine.
– Collect enemy elimination under UAV.
– Consume some mushrooms.
– Tipe event:
– Item discounts at Vending Machines.
– 15 airdrops inside the Safe Zone
– Revival Point will not close
– Shows the second last Safe Zone location.
When it revives, get better items and weapons!
“Worrying that it’s easy to lose when it comes back to life? Use the Super Revival Card to revive your friends so they can get better armor and weapons when they return to battle!”
– We added a Super Revival Card in the Vending Machine which costs 600 FF Coins. Use it to revive friends and they will get Armor Lv. 2 and UMP when it comes back on.
“For Mill in Clash Squad mode, the win rates of the two teams have a high difference. The team that is closest to the yellow ladder takes longer than the other team to get to the top, so they can be an easy target when climbing the ladder. On the other hand, if a team decides to rush through the hill on the right, they will lose the advantage. So, we’ve made changes to the mill to ensure things are fair for both teams.”
-Moved the yellow ladder to ensure a safer route.
– Eliminates the wheel which allows to jump onto the roof.
– Removed both cars and added boxes to lower profit while hiding.
– Added more hiding places downstairs and moving boxes for more varied routes.
– Added cardboard on the route from/to the hill to allow return to the starting location.
“Pochinok in Clash Squad mode also found a high difference in the win rate of the two teams. Teams that start further from the 2-floor warehouse will become easy targets when rushing towards the building. If the team decides to turn around or return to their starting position, they will also become easy targets and will lose their advantageous position. As the zone narrowed, they also had to meet enemy fire from the upper floors. Therefore, we are making changes to Pochinok to make it fairer.”
– Added a hiding place in the empty area in the center, where the Safe Zone is usually smaller. This ensures fairer and safer moves for both teams when fighting.
– Bring buildings closer together to add new battle strategies.
MAP STRUCTURE OPTIMIZATION
Guard Tower changes.
“The design of the Guard Tower makes it the perfect place to hide but difficult to escape. We have changed the structure for those issues.”
– The metal panels have been replaced with studs that allow you to shoot. This reduces the possibility of a surprise attack from the Guard Tower.
– Added indentation to the 3-sided steel panel. While standing, players can shoot or be shot. While crouching, players cannot shoot enemies, increasing the risk of pinpointing a location and reducing the advantage of hiding in a Guard Tower.
– Reduced the height of the Guard Tower to prevent damage from falling from the Guard Tower.
– Moved the kiosk to the end to facilitate navigation and ease of use.
Pet Smash is coming soon!
“Want to fight using your pet? The new Pet Smash mode is here! Choose your pet and defeat enemies with your friends to win and become the Pet King!”
– In the new Pet Smash mode, players can choose 1 of 3 pets to fight. Each pet has a unique play style and ultimate.
– Game is 2v2 mode. Players earn points through elimination. The team that reaches 7 points first or has the most points in 5 minutes wins.
-Hitting enemies will add energy to your ultimate. When energy is full, you can use ultimate to deal high damage to enemies.
– You will revive at a random location 3 seconds after being eliminated.
– When you are attacked and have low HP, you can leave the battle for 4 seconds to recover your HP.
– Attribute-boosting buffs will appear on the map. Make sure you get before the enemy!
– Pet Smash will be available later in this version. Please wait!
Tired of fighting only one enemy? Want more action?
“Choose weapons for you and your enemies and fight 2v2v2 or 1v1v1 in Ice Ground. Win by eliminating enemies and earn points!”
– A new mode, Triple Wolves, with exciting gameplay, fair rules and a unique map is coming soon!
– 6 rounds of 2v2v2 or 1v1v1 fights
– Points are awarded for elimination or if you survive. The team with the highest score after 6 rounds will win.
– Each player has the opportunity to choose a weapon for all players to use in each round.
– Matches take place in the Lone Wolf winter themed map.
– At the start of the round, each player will get Flashbang, Flash Freeze, Helmet and Armor Lv. 2 and 2 Gloo Walls.
OPTIMIZATION OF COIN CLASH MODE
Come on in the Millionaire Club!
“Still worried about getting a weak weapon after coming back to life? Are you still annoyed that you parachute into a crowded place? The new Coin Clash mode will help you to be happy AND rich!”
– Optimized the respawn mechanism: Players can choose to respawn where you will respawn. Drop by your friends and let them help you!
– If you don’t select an area within the time limit, you will respawn close to your teammates or with less enemies. You don’t have to worry too soon!
-After respawning, players will get all weapons and items that you had before being eliminated (FF Coins will be reduced for respawning). No more having to find and upgrade weapons after going down.
MODE LONE WOLF CUP
Be the first Lone Wolf Cup champion!
“If you want to prove yourself in Lone Wolf, defeat all enemies to win the Lone Wolf Cup and get various rewards!”
– Lone Wolf added to FFC Cup
– Enter this mode from the lobby or mode selection page
– No need to build a team from scratch. You can matchmaking from scratch.
– You will play 3 rounds of 1v1 matches against 7 other players. Let’s win a lot!
– The Lone Wolf Cup will be available later in this version. Please wait!
TRAINING GROUNDS OPTIMIZATION: REALISTIC TARGETS
Fake, but realistic.
“Realistic targets that can make you feel in real matches are here! Players can customize HP and Armor to improve training at the Training Grounds!”
-There will be 2 Realistic Targets at the Training Grounds.
– Compared to the previous target, you can destroy the realistic target’s armor.
– You can freely adjust the HP and Armor of realistic targets.
– Realistic targets will respawn after being dropped, so you can keep training!
OPTIMIZATION OF WEAPON GLORY LEADERBOARD
The more areas, the tougher the resistance!
“Weapon Glory Leaderboard added a new sub-division! Be number 1 in your city!”
New sub-divisions and titles in the Weapon Glory Leaderboard.
OPTIMIZATION OF CLASH SQUAD PROTECTION POINTS
Smoother push rank on CS-Ranked!
“We realize the previous 100-point cap was not in line with the hard work you put into CS-Ranked. In this patch, we are increasing the upper limit on Protection Points. This will earn you more Protection Points and turn them into bonus Stars! Experience new mechanics in Clash Squad this season!”
The upper limit of CS-Ranked Protection Points is no longer 100. If points exceed the required number, you will get extra Protection Points.
Criteria for additional protection points:
– AFK or toxic teammates
– Win streak
– Dealing damage
– Eliminate enemies
CS-RANKED DAILY MISSIONS
Now comes a new benefit! Complete daily missions to earn rewards!
“We realized many of you like BR-Ranked Daily Quests, so we added CS-Ranked quests and rewards. Let’s complete daily missions to get more rewards!”
Get Protection Points for your first CS-Ranked Booyah.
Complete CS-Ranked Daily Missions to earn Rank Tokens.
Your past can help your future!
“In this patch, you can get your achievements first and save highlights from previous seasons. Come record and see your progress!”
Press the data icon to see data from your past achievements.
MAP POOL CHANGES
Alpine is back!
“Alpine is back on the ranked pool map. Let’s play on this exciting map!”
The BR-Ranked and CS-Ranked map pools have been updated.
Maps that will be available:
Not familiar with any of the maps? Not a problem! Every day, the first match on the map will not reduce points.
“Still afraid to try a different map for fear of losing points? We’re introducing Protection Points! Let’s play the new
map and feel the excitement!”
Every weekend, there will be one map that will not reduce points! (Except Bermuda.)
REPLAY FUNCTION OPTIMIZATION
Your highlights are no longer just a memory!
“The replay function has undergone changes. In addition to changing your viewing experience, we also added a match achievement function so you can mark the moments while you play!”
Minimum requirements for Replay: 64 bits minimum and 1GB RAM.
Video Watching Optimization:
– The number of rounds is indicated in the progress bar. You can press it to go to that round.
– Pause function is now available.
– After exiting the recording page, you are returned to the recording list.
– Each elimination will be scored based on the weapon and difficulty of the elimination. You will be given special achievements based on how well you play.
– There are 10 achievements that you can get. Let’s play and get them all!
– You can enable Lobby Recording via Settings. After doing so, a recording panel will appear on your screen.
-The size of the recording is 2.4MB/s, and the recording will be saved automatically in your device’s album.
– Only available on iOS system.
Game Environment Optimization
For a fairer gaming experience
“Better evaluation of toxic behavior.”
– Players who modify game files will receive a warning, and ignoring the warning will result in a harsher penalty.
– Optimization of notification of report results and addition of compensation.
-Toxic behavior warning optimization: when the system detects toxic behavior, a pop up will appear.
– Optimization of the reporting system: Players can report inappropriate names on the leaderboard.
– Optimization of voicechat reporting: Players need to confirm before giving a report to avoid continuous reporting.
WEAPONS AND BALANCES
With the optimization of visual indicators, grenades will no longer be your nightmare.
“Too many times getting eliminated by grenades? With visual indicator optimization, you have more time to dodge!”
In this new version, you will hear a grenade flare when an enemy fires a grenade and you will see their location on the map during this time.
Weapons are more balanced for a better gaming experience.
“Weapon changes in this patch focus on reducing the effective range for some weapons. We want to make sure that every weapon has an effective scenario.”
– M14-1: Rate of Fire -5%
– M14-II: Rate of Fire -5%
– M14-III: Rate of Fire -5%
– Famas-l: Third bullet DMG +8%
– Famas-II: Third bullet DMG +8%
– Famas-III: Third bullet DMG +15%
– Scar-l: Rate of fire -3%
– Scar-II: Rate of fire -3%
– Scar-III: Rate of fire -3%
– UMP: Muzzle cannot be used
– P90: Damage +10%, accuracy +20%, built-in Silencer
Marksman Rifle Changes:
-AC80: Damage +20%, effective headshot range -20%
– Woodpecker: Effective range of headshot -20%
-M1887: Minimum damage -10%, minimum range -25%
-M500: Effective headshot range -20%
-M24: Penetrate Gloo Wall to deal 40% damage to enemies (like M82B), double the normal damage to Gloo Wall.
– Katana: Higher damage to Gloo Wall
-Bat: Movement speed +5%
CLASH SQUAD PRICE CHANGES
– SVD: 2000 → 2400
– MAC18: 1500 → 1600
– AND: 1800 → 1400
– UMP: 1600 → 1500
– MAG-7: 1700 → 1600
– AC80: 1900 → 2000
– Woodpecker: 1900 → 2000
-XM8: 1600 → 1500
Loadout is more balanced for a better gaming experience.
“We’re making changes and optimizations to Loadout in hopes of providing a better balance!”
– In Clash Squad and Battle Royale, the number of Bonfires changed from 3 to 2, and the effect changed from 15 HP/s and 10 EP/s to 10 HP/s and 10 EP/s.
– To avoid accidents, we added cooldown time between bonfires.
– Scanner: Marks all enemies (only visible to players) when the first Safe Zone shrinks. → In addition, the visual effects of Clu’s skills will be shown to players.
– Bounty Token: 300 additional cash for each elimination in this round (choose when you want to use it, only available in one round). → After use, get 188 extra cash for each elimination in this round.
– Supply Supply: When the round starts, restore 88% of the durability of the Helmet and Vest and get additional items:
– Ronde 2: Lv. 1 Helmet and Lv. 1 Vest
– Round 3: Lv. 2 Cardigan
-Round 4: Vest HP Booster then Helmet Hardener
– Round 5: Vest HP Booster then Helmet Hardener
– Round 6: Vest Enlarger
– Round 7: Vest Enlarger
– Cost of recovering EP: 500-300
– Add EP recovery to 5 HP/s and effect price 600 CS Cash → Add EP recovery to 4 HP/s and effect price 500 CS Cash.
– Give a Med Kit to a teammate for 400 CS Cash → Give 2 Inhalers to a teammate for 200 CS Cash.
– Cost of 20% movement speed increase: 2000 → 1500.
– Airdrop: Pop up an airdrop. When the match starts, the airdrop has a cooldown of 430 seconds, each elimination will speed up 60 seconds and every 5 DMG will speed up 1 second → Spawn airdrop at the specified location. The airdrop contains a Lv. 3. When the match starts, the loadout will enter a 600 second countdown; each elimination will speed up 68 seconds and every 5 DMG will speed up 1 second.
– Leg Bag: Lv. 2 Bags + 100 Bag Capacity on disembarkation. → Lv. 2 Bags + 200 Bag Capacity on disembarkation.
– Secret Clue: Supply points will be marked on the map after parachuting. At the supply point, you will get 3 Gloo Walls, a Launch Pad, 600 FFCoin and a Treatment Gun. → Also, after looting the first supply point, the location of the second supply point will be marked on the map!
VOICE CHAT GROUP
Exclusive voice chat for you and your friends.
“When you and your friends join forces with random players, you will no longer feel awkward talking into the mic.”
– Now you can choose voice chat channel: Group or All. For Groups, conversations with your friends will not be overheard by others. At the same time, you won’t be able to hear anyone speaking in All mode.
AUTO-AIM OPTIMIZATION FOR FALLEN ENEMIES
Smoother shooting when fighting a number of enemies.
“Have you ever been annoyed because you shot at an enemy who was already down, not the enemy next to him? Now you can set whether you want to aim at fallen enemies or other enemies.”
– It’s easier to aim at standing enemies than fallen enemies.
– If you’re aiming at an enemy that’s already downed, it’s now easier to shift your aim to another enemy.
CANNOT JUMP OVER GLOO WALL
No more unfair games.
“Have you ever been attacked by an enemy from a strange angle? Now players will no longer be able to jump over Gloo Walls to attack enemies.”
– While standing on top of the Gloo Wall, pressing the jump button will bring up a notification saying that you cannot jump.
– Changed Rafael’s skill description to match the skill’s effect.
– When auto jump, you will aim at the center of the map instead of the plane.
– In the daily prize display, you can see the model of the weapon skin prize.
– Ul optimization for Battle Royale and Clash Squad result pages.
– The new Battle Royale scoreboard allows you to track the status of your teammates. In multiplayer, you can see the scoreboard by pressing the team panel. This feature is turned off by default.
– Changed the display position of the number of players remaining on board in Battle Royale, so players who open the map can still see the number.
– Zoom optimization when zooming in on the Battle Royale map, for smoother operation.
– Item wheel optimization to make it easier to use.
– More score details will be shown in result page.
– Auto-download optimization: Auto-download will pause while playing and restart after the match is over.
– Special items will be more visible on the minimap.
– To avoid using pins to annoy teammates, sound effects will have a cooldown (the pin function has no cooldown).
– Optimization of Settings page to make it easier to understand.
– In Clash Squad mode, players will not buy two of the same item due to poor network. The weapon upgrade icon will appear once the connection is stable.
– UAV optimization in Clash Squad mode: The size of the red dots has been changed to match the size of the minimap. You can now see the enemy’s location.
– Optimized the loading time when entering a match.
Rank Protection Cards are now permanent, but you can only have 2 at a time.
– If you perform a melee attack while running, the animation will return to running after finishing attacking.
– Better control on fall: Less chance of wobbling after falling from great heights.
JOIN MID GAME
Enjoy a fairer gaming experience!
“Ever get annoyed with a team member leaving in the middle of a game? We added a mechanic for players to join in mid- game in this update! This feature will automatically fill in a team that has an incomplete number of players.”
When creating a map, creators can set parameters such as whether players can enter in the middle of a game or the maximum number of players that can fill a map.
CRAFTLAND DOWNLOAD CENTER OPTIMIZATION
Find interesting content faster!
The latest Craftland Download Center will help you to free up storage on your device. You now only need to download the basic Resource Pack to play Craftland! Tip: Downloading maps before playing new maps will make it easier to play with friends!
– You must download the base pack before playing Craftland.
– For random matchmaking, you can do matchmaking first and then download the resource map.
– In Craftland/Create Room, you must download the resource map first.
– When using Craftland Studio, you must download new objects before you can place them on your map.
NEW DESTINATIONS FOR PLAYING CRAFTLAND
A new breakthrough!
“Want to challenge the players on the leaderboard or set a new record? In this update, your progress can be saved and updated in Craftland. Show your prowess!”
– Leaderboard, Level and Experience System have been added in some games.
OPTIMIZATION OF THE PLAYING EXPERIENCE ON SEVERAL MAPS
Learn how to play faster on the Craftland map!
“No need to waste time! You just have to look at the rules and demonstration at the start of the game for you to get the hang of it quickly.”
– New rules and illustrated tutorials will be added in some maps. Players in the game can tap the Help icon to view tutorials.
– The current map tag will appear below the map name and on the map detail page to describe the game mode and type.
– In the room list, “Advanced Room” will appear for rooms that
can be customized.
– Tap Map Details to see Map Rating and Estimated Playing Time. This information will help players choose the most suitable map.
– The loading screen will now display the map name, Indonesian language description, map tags, rating, and estimated playing time.
– The map comments page has been updated to make it easier to leave positive and negative comments. (When you select a comment, other comments cannot be selected).
So, here I provided the official patch notes for Free Fire OB39 update. Garena released this patch notes early in Indonesian language on official website. As the English language is known to all Free Fire players, that’s why I translated the patch notes to English language with help of Google Translate.
Also, if you want to download OB39 update on 22 March, then consider checking my post on how to download OB39 update.