|Free Fire banned in India with other 53 apps|
54 Chinese mobile applications, including the famous game Garena Free Fire, have been recommended for restriction by the Ministry of Home Affairs. Surprisingly, the developer of Garena Free Fire is from Singapore, not China. After PUBG Mobile was banned in September 2020, the game became one of the most downloaded games in India last year, filling the void left by the ban. In India, the Google Play Store and App Store have already withdrawn the app.
TikTok and other famous short video apps were also prohibited in China in 2020 by the government. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), according to PTI, would issue an official notification prohibiting the use of these applications in India.
In reaction to the news, Garena issued the following statement: “We’re aware that Free Fire is now inaccessible in India’s Google Play and iOS app stores, and that certain players in the nation are unable to play the game. We are trying to resolve this issue, and we regret for any trouble this has caused our users.”
In 2017, Garena International released Free Fire, a battle royale game. The game pits 50 players against each other in a deathmatch, with the winner being the last one standing. Players, as in previous battle royale games, are pushed out of an aeroplane without weapons and must seek for guns, ammo and attachments, medical supplies, and armour in order to survive the encounter. All of the aforementioned things are strewn throughout the map, and players may loot them by killing enemies.
The ministry stated in a statement, “These 54 applications are said to capture sensitive user data and get numerous crucial permissions. These real-time data are being misappropriated and sent to servers in unfriendly countries.” The government further stated that these applications may be used for major security breaches and espionage by using the camera/ microphone, GPS, and malicious network activity.
“These applications were reportedly involved in acts detrimental to the country’s sovereignty and integrity, as well as constituting a severe danger to the state’s security and defence,” the government said in a statement.
At the time of writing, Apple has not responded to a request for comment on the situation. However, none of the applications that have been ordered to be prohibited in India are available on the App Store in India.
List of 54 banned apps in india
- APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
- Barcode Scanner – QR Code Scan
- Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
- Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
- CamCard for SalesForce Ent
- Conquer Online
- Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
- CuteU Pro
- CuteU: Match With The World
- Dual Space – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 64Bit Support
- Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts & Clone App
- Dual Space Pro – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- DualSpace Lite – 32Bit Support
- Equalizer – Bass Booster & Volume EQ & Virtualizer
- Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume EQ
- Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
- EVE Echoes
- Extraordinary Ones
- FancyU – Video Chat & Meetup
- FancyU pro – Instant Meetup through Video chat!
- FunChat Meet People Around You
- Garena Free Fire – Illuminate
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
- Lica Cam – selfie camera app
- Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
- MoonChat: Enjoy Video Chats
- MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
- Music Player – Equalizer & MP3
- Music Player – MP3 Player
- Music Player – Music, MP3 Player
- Music Plus – MP3 Player
- Nice video baidu
- Notes – Color Notepad, Notebook
- Onmyoji Arena
- Onmyoji Chess
- Parallel Space Lite 32 Support
- RealU Lite -video to live!
- RealU: Go Live, Make Friends
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- SmallWorld-Enjoy groupchat and video chat
- Stick Fight: The Game Mobile
- Tencent Xriver
- Twilight Pioneers
- UU Game Booster-network solution for high ping
- Video Player Media All Format
- Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
- Voice Recorder & Voice Changer
- Volume Booster – Loud Speaker & Sound Booster
- Wink: Connect Now
After ban of removal of Garena Free Fire from play store, still Free Fire MAX is available. It means player continued the battle royale experience on Free Fire Max.